visor command line authentication.

krishna krishna

visor command line authentication.

Hello, I am a beginner to ignite.
Can some one please tell me (or point to a link) how to configure my user name and password for visor command line?

I am using ignitevisorcmd.bat on windows command prompt to load the visor node.
I am not sure where to add my user name and password inside the ignite configuration.

Re: visor command line authentication.

Hi krishna,

krishna wrote
Hello, I am a beginner to ignite.
Can some one please tell me (or point to a link) how to configure my user name and password for visor command line?

I am using ignitevisorcmd.bat on windows command prompt to load the visor node.
I am not sure where to add my user name and password inside the ignite configuration.
Ignite doesn't have authentication support, but this can be achieved by implementing a plugin, like in this blog for example [1]. It was also discussed earlier on the forum [2].

And, if you're interested, GridGain already provides this functionality in their commercial offering [3].

[1] http://smartkey.co.uk/development/securing-an-apache-ignite-cluster/
[2] http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Ignite-Plugin-development-td336.html
[3] https://gridgain.readme.io/docs/security-and-audit

-Val
krishna krishna

Re: visor command line authentication.

This post was updated on .
Sorry I wasn't clear earlier.

I would like to start an ignite node on a remote host that's part of my discoveryspi ip address list.

So, in order to use the command below in visor

visor> start -h=myhostip -uname=username -pw=password -n=2

I would like to know what username and password I need to provide above.

Thanks for taking a look.

Re: visor command line authentication.

Start command essentially connects to the remote host using SSH and executes ignite.sh script there. Username and password here are for SSH connection.

-Val