shared RDD jni mapping

Benoit Laurent Benoit Laurent

shared RDD jni mapping

I want to pass a shared RDD to some C++ code using JNI to avoid duplication in memory. I will use djinni from dropbox for that, but I am wondering if the memory layout of the RDD might not be a problem.
Did you ever try to do such things, if you have some pointers this might help me a lot.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Ben
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: shared RDD jni mapping

Hi Ben,

Please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to “user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org” and follow simple instructions in the
reply.

Actually I haven't heard that anyone from the community the things you're talking about.

In any case what kind of memory duplication you're talking about? Doesn't Ignite default shared RDD implementation work for you?

Benoit Laurent Benoit Laurent

Re: shared RDD jni mapping

shared rdds are fine for my use case, I want to create a task mixing c++ and java and I want to access data whithin sharedRDDs from C++ without duplicating the memory. I want to be able to view structures from Java and C++.

Regards
Benoit