performance of jdbc mode

minisoft_rm minisoft_rm

performance of jdbc mode

dear ignite gurus,
    I have 2 questions about ignite jdbc:

1. why ignite creates two jdbc driver: jdbc thin vs. jdbc client node

2. I tried the jdbc client node driver lots of times on loading data from Oracle. it is about 6k+ rows. and the sql statement -  "select xxx/count (*)" takes more ms than query from oracle directly. for instance: select count(*) takes 300ms.... but takes 30ms on oracle directly.

so please clarify the ignite jdbc performance advantage, thanks really ~~~

Re: performance of jdbc mode

1. These are just two different protocols for communication between client and cluster. With current implementations of both, client node would most likely provide better performance. We're already working on new thin client implementation though.

2. Can you provide the exact query you run, execution plan and configuration? Generally, keep in mind that Ignite will provide better improvement under high load which needs to be scaled across nodes. If you execute one simple query, it will unlikely be faster than Oracle. However, the fact that it's 10 times slower is weird.