ignite.sh spring xml file secret.properties file not found error

Ganesh Kumar Ganesh Kumar

ignite.sh spring xml file secret.properties file not found error

Hi,
I have specified secret.properties file location in the spring xml file and
when it start ignite.sh, I see the below error as its not able to find the
secret.properties file.
- Where does ignite.sh look for this file? & how do I specify the right path
for this file.

$bin/ignite.sh ganesh.xml
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Failed to instantiate Spring XML
application context [springUrl=file:/opt/vdp/ignite/config/ganesh.xml,
err=Could not load properties; nested exception is
java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [secret.properties]
cannot be opened because it does not exist]
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils.convertException(IgniteUtils.java:966)
        at org.apache.ignite.Ignition.start(Ignition.java:350)
        at
org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineStartup.main(CommandLineStartup.java:302)
Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to
instantiate Spring XML application context
[springUrl=file:/opt/vdp/ignite/config/ganesh.xml, err=Could not load
properties; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path
resource [secret.properties] cannot be opened because it does not exist]

Re: ignite.sh spring xml file secret.properties file not found error

Ganesh,

ignite.sh itself doesn't look for any properties files, it's your XML that
has a reference to one. Looks like currently it's looking for a classpath
resource. Make sure it's available there, or fix the path in the XML is
location should be different.

Ganesh Kumar Ganesh Kumar

Re: ignite.sh spring xml file secret.properties file not found error

I have tried setting CLASSPATH
$ echo $CLASSPATH
/opt/vdp/ignite/config

and also providing the full path of secret.properties in my spring xml file.
Still I am getting the same error when I try to start the ignite instance.
**code snippet from the xml file :

    <bean id="placeholderConfig"
        <property value="classpath:/opt/vdp/ignite/config/secret.properties"
name="location"/>
    </bean>

Error :
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Failed to instantiate Spring XML
application context
[springUrl=file:/opt/vdp/apache-ignite-fabric-2.3.0-bin/config/ganesh.xml,
err=Could not load properties; nested exception is
java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
[opt/vdp/ignite/config/secret.properties] cannot be opened because it does
not exist]
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils.convertException(IgniteUtils.java:966)

Any thoughts on how to solve this??

Thanks - Ganesh Kumar

Re: ignite.sh spring xml file secret.properties file not found error

Ganesh,

If you provide full path, you don't need classpath: prefix. If you choose to
have this file on classpath, then you should use the prefix and then provide
the path relative to one of classpath roots. Also note that it has to be on
classpath of your application, I don't know if $CLASSPATH variable somehow
affects this in your environment.