ignite node ports

kay kay

ignite node ports

Hello, I started ignite node and checked log file.

I found TCP ports in logs

>>> Local ports : TCP:8080 TCP:11213 TCP:47102 TCP:49100 TCP:49200

I set 49100, 49200 port at configuration file for ignite node and client
connector port.
but I don't know the others port exactly.

I found a summary at log.

[Node 1]
TCP binary : 8080
Jetty REST  : 11213
Communication spi : 47102

[Node 2]
TCP binary : 8081
Jetty REST  : 11214
Communication spi : 47103

Could you guys tell me where each port is used??

Is it necessary ports?
Do I need 5 ports each time add a new node all of different port?
if it is true, how can i set TCP binary port(8080) & Jetty REST(11213) at
configuration file ??

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

Re: ignite node ports

Hi,

Basically, Discovery(47500 by default) and Communication(47100) are always should be open, since without them cluster won't be functional. Discovery port used for clustering, checking all nodes state in the cluster.

Communication port(https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/communication/tcp/TcpCommunicationSpi.html#setLocalPort-int-) used for all other communications between nodes, for example, cache operations requests, compute jobs, etc.

Rest Port(8080) is used for rest calls(https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api) and connection from WebConsole(Management tool)

11211 - Port for Thick Jdbc Driver and old rest protocol.

Note that all ports also have port range, which means that if the default port is already in use, it will try to use the next one.

Evgenii

вт, 12 мая 2020 г. в 22:56, kay <[hidden email]>:
Hello, I started ignite node and checked log file.

I found TCP ports in logs

>>> Local ports : TCP:8080 TCP:11213 TCP:47102 TCP:49100 TCP:49200

I set 49100, 49200 port at configuration file for ignite node and client
connector port.
but I don't know the others port exactly.

I found a summary at log.

[Node 1]
TCP binary : 8080
Jetty REST  : 11213
Communication spi : 47102

[Node 2]
TCP binary : 8081
Jetty REST  : 11214
Communication spi : 47103

Could you guys tell me where each port is used??

Is it necessary ports?
Do I need 5 ports each time add a new node all of different port?
if it is true, how can i set TCP binary port(8080) & Jetty REST(11213) at
configuration file ??

stephendarlington stephendarlington

Re: ignite node ports

Note that the REST port (8080) isn’t open by default (you have to enable it) and that it doesn’t have the port-range. If it can’t bind to port 8080 it fails to start. You can change the port number manually with the IGNITE_JETTY_PORT property.

On 13 May 2020, at 15:44, Evgenii Zhuravlev <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Basically, Discovery(47500 by default) and Communication(47100) are always should be open, since without them cluster won't be functional. Discovery port used for clustering, checking all nodes state in the cluster.

Communication port(https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/communication/tcp/TcpCommunicationSpi.html#setLocalPort-int-) used for all other communications between nodes, for example, cache operations requests, compute jobs, etc.

Rest Port(8080) is used for rest calls(https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api) and connection from WebConsole(Management tool)

11211 - Port for Thick Jdbc Driver and old rest protocol.

Note that all ports also have port range, which means that if the default port is already in use, it will try to use the next one.

Evgenii

вт, 12 мая 2020 г. в 22:56, kay <[hidden email]>:
Hello, I started ignite node and checked log file.

I found TCP ports in logs

>>> Local ports : TCP:8080 TCP:11213 TCP:47102 TCP:49100 TCP:49200

I set 49100, 49200 port at configuration file for ignite node and client
connector port.
but I don't know the others port exactly.

I found a summary at log.

[Node 1]
TCP binary : 8080
Jetty REST  : 11213
Communication spi : 47102

[Node 2]
TCP binary : 8081
Jetty REST  : 11214
Communication spi : 47103

Could you guys tell me where each port is used??

Is it necessary ports?
Do I need 5 ports each time add a new node all of different port?
if it is true, how can i set TCP binary port(8080) & Jetty REST(11213) at
configuration file ??

kay kay

Re: ignite node ports

oh.. I see thank you so much

For REST port(8080) is open, you said i have to enable it.
but i didn't understand exactly. how can i enable it?
you mean server machine(disk) port enable to use?

If i some application already use port(8080) so i set change port number
using IGNITE_JETTY_PORT property, is it going to be not fails to start??

stephendarlington stephendarlington

Re: ignite node ports

If you download Ignite and run it, the REST server isn’t enabled. You have to copy ignite-rest-http from libs/optional to libs.

Assuming you did that, you can start Ignite like this:

./ignite.sh -J-DIGNITE_JETTY_PORT=8088

That will start the REST service on port 8088.

> On 14 May 2020, at 01:12, kay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> oh.. I see thank you so much
>
> For REST port(8080) is open, you said i have to enable it.
> but i didn't understand exactly. how can i enable it?
> you mean server machine(disk) port enable to use?
>
> If i some application already use port(8080) so i set change port number
> using IGNITE_JETTY_PORT property, is it going to be not fails to start??

Re: ignite node ports

I have to correct, 11211 is not used by thick JDBC driver (Which is a regular client node), instead it is used by control.sh tool mostly. And some other legacy tools.

ср, 13 мая 2020 г. в 17:44, Evgenii Zhuravlev <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

Basically, Discovery(47500 by default) and Communication(47100) are always should be open, since without them cluster won't be functional. Discovery port used for clustering, checking all nodes state in the cluster.

Communication port(https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/communication/tcp/TcpCommunicationSpi.html#setLocalPort-int-) used for all other communications between nodes, for example, cache operations requests, compute jobs, etc.

Rest Port(8080) is used for rest calls(https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api) and connection from WebConsole(Management tool)

11211 - Port for Thick Jdbc Driver and old rest protocol.

Note that all ports also have port range, which means that if the default port is already in use, it will try to use the next one.

Evgenii

вт, 12 мая 2020 г. в 22:56, kay <[hidden email]>:
Hello, I started ignite node and checked log file.

I found TCP ports in logs

>>> Local ports : TCP:8080 TCP:11213 TCP:47102 TCP:49100 TCP:49200

I set 49100, 49200 port at configuration file for ignite node and client
connector port.
but I don't know the others port exactly.

I found a summary at log.

[Node 1]
TCP binary : 8080
Jetty REST  : 11213
Communication spi : 47102

[Node 2]
TCP binary : 8081
Jetty REST  : 11214
Communication spi : 47103

Could you guys tell me where each port is used??

Is it necessary ports?
Do I need 5 ports each time add a new node all of different port?
if it is true, how can i set TCP binary port(8080) & Jetty REST(11213) at
configuration file ??

kay kay

Re: ignite node ports

Thank you so much.
then, if im not going to be use 11211 port.
what should i do. I do not want to binding 11211 port. is there any way?? or it will be just automatically binding??

나의 iPhone에서 보냄

2020. 5. 18. 오후 10:27, Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]> 작성:

Hello!

I have to correct, 11211 is not used by thick JDBC driver (Which is a regular client node), instead it is used by control.sh tool mostly. And some other legacy tools.

ср, 13 мая 2020 г. в 17:44, Evgenii Zhuravlev <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

Basically, Discovery(47500 by default) and Communication(47100) are always should be open, since without them cluster won't be functional. Discovery port used for clustering, checking all nodes state in the cluster.

Communication port(https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/communication/tcp/TcpCommunicationSpi.html#setLocalPort-int-) used for all other communications between nodes, for example, cache operations requests, compute jobs, etc.

Rest Port(8080) is used for rest calls(https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api) and connection from WebConsole(Management tool)

11211 - Port for Thick Jdbc Driver and old rest protocol.

Note that all ports also have port range, which means that if the default port is already in use, it will try to use the next one.

Evgenii

вт, 12 мая 2020 г. в 22:56, kay <[hidden email]>:
Hello, I started ignite node and checked log file.

I found TCP ports in logs

>>> Local ports : TCP:8080 TCP:11213 TCP:47102 TCP:49100 TCP:49200

I set 49100, 49200 port at configuration file for ignite node and client
connector port.
but I don't know the others port exactly.

I found a summary at log.

[Node 1]
TCP binary : 8080
Jetty REST  : 11213
Communication spi : 47102

[Node 2]
TCP binary : 8081
Jetty REST  : 11214
Communication spi : 47103

Could you guys tell me where each port is used??

Is it necessary ports?
Do I need 5 ports each time add a new node all of different port?
if it is true, how can i set TCP binary port(8080) & Jetty REST(11213) at
configuration file ??

Re: ignite node ports

Hello!

You may true igniteCfg.setConnectorConfiguration(null).

Regards,