ignite-cassandra-store module has incorrect dependencies

Serg Serg

ignite-cassandra-store module has incorrect dependencies

Hi All

I got exceptions in ignite  after update to 2.7.0

2019-01-02 10:09:52,824 ERROR [cassandra-cache-loader-#101]
log4j.Log4JLogger (Log4JLogger.java:586) - Failed to execute Cassandra
loadContactsCache operation
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Failed to execute Cassandra
loadContactsCache operation

Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Failed to establish
session with Cassandra database
        at
org.apache.ignite.cache.store.cassandra.session.CassandraSessionImpl.session(CassandraSessionImpl.java:586)
        at
org.apache.ignite.cache.store.cassandra.session.CassandraSessionImpl.execute(CassandraSessionImpl.java:394)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.google.common.base.Objects.firstNonNull(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;
        at
com.datastax.driver.core.policies.Policies$Builder.build(Policies.java:285)
        at
com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Builder.getConfiguration(Cluster.java:1246)
        at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.<init>(Cluster.java:116)
        at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.buildFrom(Cluster.java:181)
        at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Builder.build(Cluster.java:1264)
        at
org.apache.ignite.cache.store.cassandra.session.CassandraSessionImpl.session(CassandraSessionImpl.java:581)
        ... 7 more

Look like problem in parent dependencies which manage guava to 25. But
cassandra-driver incompatible with this version of guava.

Dmitriy Pavlov Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: ignite-cassandra-store module has incorrect dependencies

Hi,

Apache Ignite 2.7 has an updated version for a number of dependencies. It was done for security reasons and to remove possible vulnerable versions of components from Apache Ignite distribution.

Probably you know: Which version of Guava is compatible with Apache Cassandra store? Are there any new versions of Cassandra compatible with newer Guava?

I'm not an expert in Apache Cassandra, but one thing seems to be strange for me, why stack trace with exception starts from com.datastax, but not from org.apache.cassandra.

As a workaround, you always can try to re-define Guava in your pom.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

ср, 2 янв. 2019 г. в 13:56, Serg <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Serg Serg

Re: ignite-cassandra-store module has incorrect dependencies

Unfortunately I could not just change my pom  because we use ignite in
docker and this is a part of modules inside docker.
Of course As solution I can  build my own docker but this is not very
useful.

Also you can check that tests of cassandra modules fails :(
https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/modules/cassandra even if I
update dependencies tests can not run embedded cassandra in my environment.

I updated  cassandra driver to  3.6.0 and add netty-resolver directly in
docker and this solved this problem.

Stanislav Lukyanov Stanislav Lukyanov

RE: ignite-cassandra-store module has incorrect dependencies

FTR there is a JIRA issue for that fixed in 2.8 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10856.

Stan