data isolation

vsuslov vsuslov

data isolation

I have two machines and ignite instance on each. I have also Application instance on each of that machines.

I want to isolate data from this App instances in cache, I mean that when I run both Applications, App1 use data for both apps and the same for App2. but I need App1 to use data for App1 and App2 to use data for App2.
some kind of data isolation.
do I need to use Affiniti function for collocation data or do I need to use local caches?

I need also fault tolerance
---------------
Best regards,
Suslov Vadim

Re: data isolation

Hi,

I think you should create separate caches for different apps. E.g., data for App1 is stored in app1_cache and data for App2 is stored in app2_cache. If App1 uses only app1_cache, it will never get access data in app2_cache, and other way around.

Will this work for you?
vsuslov vsuslov

Re: data isolation

I thought about separate caches, but I have entities - declarations of business-processes that Apps need to run.
 I want Apps to run their own processes, but if one of the Apps crushes, the other App will take care of all processes.

I thought about AffinityFunction and some kind of CompositeKey, for example app id and entity id and collocate entities acordingly in partitioned cache in different machines.
---------------
Best regards,
Suslov Vadim

Re: data isolation

I'm not sure I correctly understand what you're trying to achieve. Can you please describe your use case in more detail?

Do you have data that needs to be isolated for a particular app and another set of data that can be shared between apps? If so, you can still have separate caches for per-cache data and for shared data. Is this the case?

-Val
vsuslov vsuslov

Re: data isolation

I have 2 instances of Application, I have 2 Ignite nodes (each on 2 different server machines) with one cache.
I want Applications to work with their own node and do backup to tother node.
In case of failure one of Application(not Ignite node), another one will work with its own node and with node that used to used by crushed Application

P.S.: sorry for bad english =)
Best regards,
Suslov Vadim

Re: data isolation

Got it.

It looks like each application instance should pick on of the nodes and always send computation closures to that node. In case this node crashes, it should switch to another node. I think you can also consider using replicated cache for this - this way you will have the whole data set on all nodes.

Is this what you're looking for?

-Val