cluster node attribute based authorization

Anand Kumar Sankaran Anand Kumar Sankaran

cluster node attribute based authorization

All

I implemented a ClusterNode.userAttributes() based authorization mechanism.  I used a JWT Token to establish trust (passed via the userAttribute). This works fine.

The problem I have is that the JWT Token expires shortly after initial use.  Now, if the node leaves the cluster and joins it again, the JWT Token in that node would be invalid.

How should I fix this?  Is there a callback I can implement when a node leaves a cluster that I can use to create a new JWT token and attach to it?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

--

anand

Alexei Scherbakov Alexei Scherbakov

Re: cluster node attribute based authorization

Hi,

Subscribe to

EventType.EVT_NODE_FAILED
EventType.EVT_NODE_LEFT

events [1]

All

I implemented a ClusterNode.userAttributes() based authorization mechanism.  I used a JWT Token to establish trust (passed via the userAttribute). This works fine.

The problem I have is that the JWT Token expires shortly after initial use.  Now, if the node leaves the cluster and joins it again, the JWT Token in that node would be invalid.

How should I fix this?  Is there a callback I can implement when a node leaves a cluster that I can use to create a new JWT token and attach to it?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

--

anand

--