cluster coming down after data before loading complete data

raju raju

cluster coming down after data before loading complete data

Hi below is the problem which we are facing,

Scenario
 we are trying to store data  in 3 node  ignite cluster
and data populated in to it is  key as string and value as hashMap

Issues:
1.Amoung the 3 nodes two are coming down automatically and some times 3 nodes are coming down.

2, when we are storing data in ignite key as string and value as HashMAp, then it is taking lot of time to store the data around 1 hour, but  when we are storing data in  inmemory(HashMap)  it takes just 15 mins

could u please help us what can be the issue.
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: cluster coming down after data before loading complete data

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to
manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to ì
user-subscribe@ignite.apache.orgî and follow simple instructions in the
reply.

How big is you dataset? What is the reason why you store a HashMap as a value?

In fact when you store data in a local map there is no serialization logic happens, there are no network trips to pass a cache entry from one node to another, there is no replication from a primary to a backup node on a cache put operation, etc. So it's not fair to compare a distributed hash map like Ignite Cache with an ordinary map.

To answer on a question why your nodes are failing we need to see the logs. Quite often nodes fail due to long garbage collection pauses. Please read this article carefully and tune you JVM settings basing having look at garbage collection logs:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning