client reconnect working?

maheshkr76private maheshkr76private

client reconnect working?

Hi,

We have a bunch of ignite nodes in the client mode (NOT the thin clients),
that are connected to a 2 node ignite cluster. These clients stay connected
indefinitely unless there is a failure of some sort.

So every once in a while, sometime a few hours or even days,  the client
loses the connection and attempts to reconnect. If this reconnect is not
proper, then we continuously see an attempt by this client to reconnect
indefinitely. See serverlogs file (attached)

Is ignite client reconnect working properly? If the client fails to
reconnect after a few attempts for whatever reason, I would expect the
client to fail after a few attempts and not bother the ignite cluster.
However, this does not happen. The reconnection keeps going on forever.
If I reboot the client, then the client successfully connects again, which
means reconnection is not successful.

I also attaching server logs and server node config and client node config
for more information.

logs-config-2.zip
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1596/logs-config-2.zip>

Maxim.Pudov Maxim.Pudov

Re: client reconnect working?

I think the problem could be with communicationSpi config.

<property name="communicationSpi">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.communication.tcp.TcpCommunicationSpi">
                <property name="connectTimeout" value="0"/>
                <property name="socketWriteTimeout" value="10000"/>
                <property name="messageQueueLimit" value="10000"/>
            </bean>
        </property>

You specified connectTimeout as 0, which is interpreted as infinite timeout.
Try to change it to a non-zero value.

maheshkr76private maheshkr76private

Re: client reconnect working?

I tried non-zero values many times and the result is the same.

Re: client reconnect working?

Hello!

In your archive there is just a tiny section of log. Can you share the complete log (from work/log directory by default).