apache-ignite compatibility with armhf(32-bit arm linux)

rakshita04 rakshita04

apache-ignite compatibility with armhf(32-bit arm linux)

I need to use apache-ignite for my armf(2-bit arm) linux application.
Is apache-ignite compatible with 32-bit arm(armhf) linux?
can i use apache-ignite debian package present on the website for armhf?

stephendarlington stephendarlington

Re: apache-ignite compatibility with armhf(32-bit arm linux)

Not sure about the packages, but I do occasionally run Ignite on my Raspberry Pi. It’s running Raspian rather than Debian, but they’re pretty similar. It’s not fast (as you might imagine!) but it does work.

Regards,
Stephen

> On 23 Jul 2020, at 18:56, rakshita04 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I need to use apache-ignite for my armf(2-bit arm) linux application.
> Is apache-ignite compatible with 32-bit arm(armhf) linux?
> can i use apache-ignite debian package present on the website for armhf?

Stanislav Lukyanov Stanislav Lukyanov

Re: apache-ignite compatibility with armhf(32-bit arm linux)

It should work fine. I ran Ignite on various platforms non-Intel platforms,
including arm. There were some issues in the past but modern versions work
well. But you do have to keep in mind that release testing for Ignite is
done on Intel platforms. Also arm can bring some surprises in terms of
performance.

I haven't tried the debian package myself. On one hand, it should work - I
believe there is no platform-dependent code in the package. On the other
hand, I believe debian packages are bound to CPU architecture, aren't they?
So it probably won't allow you to install it.

Stan