Why ignite-indexing doesn't use/work the latest H2 version

zshamrock zshamrock

Why ignite-indexing doesn't use/work the latest H2 version

I found that if I use the latest H2 version 1.4.192, Ignite fails on startup with the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/h2/constant/SysProperties

        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.query.h2.IgniteH2Indexing.start(IgniteH2Indexing.java:1487)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.query.GridQueryProcessor.start(GridQueryProcessor.java:171)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.startProcessor(IgniteKernal.java:1549)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.start(IgniteKernal.java:869)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx$IgniteNamedInstance.start0(IgnitionEx.java:1736)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx$IgniteNamedInstance.start(IgnitionEx.java:1589)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx.start0(IgnitionEx.java:1042)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx.startConfigurations(IgnitionEx.java:964)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx.start(IgnitionEx.java:930)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgnitionEx.start(IgnitionEx.java:870)
        at org.apache.ignite.Ignition.start(Ignition.java:397)

Looking into source code IgniteH2Indexing class it uses the following imports:

import org.h2.constant.ErrorCode;
import org.h2.constant.SysProperties;

which (looks like) were moved in the latest version of H2 into org.h2.engine (for SysProperties) and org.h2.api (for ErrorCode) packages.

Why ignite-indexing doesn't use the latest (or at least version 1.4 of H2)? But relies on 1.3.175. Are there reasons for this?
Alexey Kuznetsov Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Why ignite-indexing doesn't use/work the latest H2 version

Hi zshamrock.

As far as I know H2 1.4 has beta status (although it is pretty stable)
and also we could not simply switch to H2 1.4.x this will require some internal code changes.

I think Sergi, who is a main developer of Ignite SQL, could provide more information about this.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 12:26 AM, zshamrock <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

GridGain Systems
www.gridgain.com