Which way to use ignite is better?

上帝已死 上帝已死

Which way to use ignite is better?

1. Embed to application by maven.
2. Launch a bin file.(I don't know how to operate cache. By Http Api?)
Which one is better?
yakov yakov

Re: Which way to use ignite is better?

There is no definite answer to this question. You can use any way for packaging and distributing your app. Launching standalone nodes is possible from zip distribution. Is that what you are asking for?

--Yakov

1. Embed to application by maven.
2. Launch a bin file.(I don't know how to operate cache. By Http Api?)
Which one is better?

Raul Kripalani Raul Kripalani

Re: Which way to use ignite is better?

Ultimately it depends on the architecture of your application or use case.
If you are considering deploying a set of "central" or dedicated Ignite nodes, it makes little sense to embed Ignite into an app on those nodes – you may run it standalone.
If your architecture is fully decentralised, you can rely on embedding Ignite into your application on all nodes.
Take into account that if you're running compute jobs, you'll have to deploy the class definitions on the standalone nodes – or you can use peer-classloading.

Cheers,

Raúl Kripalani
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and Messaging Engineer
Blog: raul.io | twitter: @raulvk