Where to watch the cache informations in IGFS when i use SecondryFileSystem

Xun Zhai Xun Zhai

Where to watch the cache informations in IGFS when i use SecondryFileSystem

This post was updated on .
when i used SecondryFileSystem as my hadoop storage, when i used "ignitevisorcmd.sh"  with cmd "cache" or "cache -system", i can only see some Entries, and no entry is hited.
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Where to watch the cache informations in IGFS.

Vasiliy, as on of maintainer of Visor CMD please comment on this.

Denis

On Jun 12, 2016, at 7:56 AM, Jason <[hidden email]> wrote:

when i used SecondryFileSystem as my hadoop storage, when i used "ignitevisorcmd.sh"  with cmd "cache" or "cache -system", i can only see some Entries, and no entry is hited.

Vasiliy Sisko Vasiliy Sisko

Re: Where to watch the cache informations in IGFS when i use SecondryFileSystem

Hello @Xun Zhai

To enable the hits, misses, reads, writes metrics please enable statisticsEnabled property in cache configuration.
The data and metadata caches for IGFS contains specific information, that not have direct reflection with stored data. That data have no meaning for user.
Xun Zhai Xun Zhai

Re: Where to watch the cache informations in IGFS when i use SecondryFileSystem

Hi @Vasiliy
The reason why i want to watch IGFS cache informations is because of with SecondryFileSystem it looks like my job's performance has no obviously change, i think this is because of no cache is hited, am i right? or could you give me some advices to analysis this situation.

Best Regards
Vladimir Ozerov Vladimir Ozerov

Re: Where to watch the cache informations in IGFS when i use SecondryFileSystem

Hi,

Currently you can only access IGFS programatically, using IgniteFileSystem.metrics() method. If this is not an option for you, please attach the following:
1) Ignite configuration
2) Content of core-site.xml used for job execution.
3) Command line you use to start the job.

Vladimir.

Alexey Kuznetsov Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Where to watch the cache informations in IGFS when i use SecondryFileSystem

Hello @Xun Zhai

Just for your information: GridGain has a GUI tool called Visor that can show IGFS metrics
 and also has two panels file manager that could navigate IGFS/HDFS/Local file systems,
 copy files between them, view files and much more.

But you will need to use GridGain build.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Currently you can only access IGFS programatically, using IgniteFileSystem.metrics() method. If this is not an option for you, please attach the following:
1) Ignite configuration
2) Content of core-site.xml used for job execution.
3) Command line you use to start the job.

Vladimir.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 5:15 AM, Xun Zhai <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi @Vasiliy
The reason why i want to watch IGFS cache informations is because of with
SecondryFileSystem it looks like my job's performance has no obviously
change, i think this is because of no cache is hited, am i right? or could
you give me some advices to analysis this situation.

Best Regards

Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems
www.gridgain.com
Xun Zhai Xun Zhai

Re: Where to watch the cache informations in IGFS when i use SecondryFileSystem

Hi Alexey
    Thank you very much,that is it!!!

Best Regards