What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

上帝已死 上帝已死

What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned
Vladimir Ozerov Vladimir Ozerov

Re: What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

Ignite will re-balance data between remaining nodes.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 2:03 PM, 上帝已死 <[hidden email]> wrote:
What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

上帝已死 上帝已死

Re: What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

Do not be a part of the cache cannot be obtained?
Kamal Kamal

Re: What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

Partitioned cache default backup is 0. So, you lose the data when a node goes down.

To not to lose data, configure the backup >= 1.

On 01-Mar-2016 8:03 PM, "上帝已死" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do not be a part of the cache cannot be obtained?

上帝已死 上帝已死

Re: What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

If I have 2 nodes and backup is 1,what will happen when the backup node is down?
Kamal Kamal

Re: What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

You can access the data as primary node is up.

When cache mode is set to partitioned, each node acts as primary node for some partitions and as backup node for other partitions.

Refer https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cache-modes#partitioned-mode

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:26 PM, 上帝已死 <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I have 2 nodes and backup is 1,what will happen when the backup node is
down?

上帝已死 上帝已死

Re: What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

So it means all node's memory size  must bigger than twice of all the  cache's data size  when backup is 1?

Re: What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

上帝已死 wrote
So it means all node's memory size  must bigger than twice of all the  cache's data size  when backup is 1?
Yes, that's right.

-Val
上帝已死 上帝已死

Re: What will happen when one ignite node down and cache mode is Partitioned

I use nginx to do load balancing on serveral tomcat and I hope my server can be horizontal expand.So I have 2 choice :
1. Config cache mode to REPLICATED.
2. Config cache mode to PARTITIONED and backup to >=1.
Is that right?Which one is better?