What's is scaling limit (in number of nodes)?

pgarg pgarg

What's is scaling limit (in number of nodes)?

This post was updated on .
asked by vitaliy shopov

I'm do some research in the field of replacement clustering mechanism of Akka Cluster.

According to: "This worked up to 2400 nodes, but after that the Akka cluster finally broke down: when adding more nodes we observed long garbage collection pauses and many nodes were marked as unreachable and did not come back".

Do Apache Ignite can help break this kind scaling limits?

Thanks

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
pgarg pgarg

Re: What's is scaling limit (in number of nodes)?

commented by dmitriy setrakyan

There is no actual limit in cluster size and Ignite should support over 2,000 nodes in the cluster. You should be able to scale horizontally.

However, with cluster this size you would have to do some tuning to get it to work right. Post here if you run into any issues.

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
pgarg pgarg

Re: What's is scaling limit (in number of nodes)?

commented by vitaliy shopov

Thanks for your answer, Dmitriy. I'll keep informed the community about my progress.

As well, P2P deployment from Apache Ignite is very interesting for using as Remote Actor deployment mechanism. Truly dynamic systems :)

-----