WebServer on Ignite

Isaeed Mohanna Isaeed Mohanna

WebServer on Ignite

Hi
I have a 3 nodes grid and I would like to install a web server so I could make remote(not from nodes) calls to specific services inside my cluster.
1. Is there a way to expose a REST WebServices on top of Ignite?
2. I can see that there is a REST API for caches,etc can this be extended for my custom operations?
3. I could make a custom implementation where i run Jetty on each of the nodes and then use a load balancer to forward my calls to specific nodes, is it recommended? is there any easier way?
Thanks for the help in advance
Regards,
Isaeed Mohanna

Re: WebServer on Ignite

Isaeed,

I think you should utilize grid services: http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/docs/service-grid

You can start Jetty inside a service and run your custom logic there. Does this work for you?

--
Val

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:09 AM, Isaeed Mohanna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
I have a 3 nodes grid and I would like to install a web server so I could
make remote(not from nodes) calls to specific services inside my cluster.
1. Is there a way to expose a REST WebServices on top of Ignite?
2. I can see that there is a REST API for caches,etc can this be extended
for my custom operations?
3. I could make a custom implementation where i run Jetty on each of the
nodes and then use a load balancer to forward my calls to specific nodes, is
it recommended? is there any easier way?
Thanks for the help in advance
Regards,
Isaeed Mohanna

Isaeed Mohanna Isaeed Mohanna

Re: WebServer on Ignite

Thanks, but i assume that i will need to run my service on all nodes and then load balance the requests on client site between the different nodes, am i correct or is there another way?

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:39 PM, vkulichenko [via Apache Ignite Users] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/WebServer-on-Ignite-tp314p323.html
NAML

yakov yakov

Re: WebServer on Ignite

Isaeed, you can configure load balancer in your network and all clients will be automatically routed to keep balance.

For exposing functionality via REST you can do:
1. Use distributed services (as discussed)
2. Simply run Jetty (or any other container), launch Ignite on context startup and define your logic within your webapp which will use Ignite as backend. Will this work?

Thanks!

--Yakov

[...]

Thank you for the information,
I will install a load balancer, i was wondering if there is something built in jetty

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 3:20 PM, yakov [via Apache Ignite Users] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/WebServer-on-Ignite-tp314p331.html
To unsubscribe from WebServer on Ignite, click here.
NAML