Web Console set up

newigniter newigniter

Web Console set up

I am trying to setup ignite web console.
I pulled apache ignite web console standalone docker image and started it in
a docker container.
I still need to setup apache ignite web agent. When I download web agent and
start it on my local pc everything works perfectly. Web console connects to
my cluster.

I am now trying to run a web agent in another docker container so that I
don't have to start it locally.
I pulled latest web agent docker image version (2.7.0) and I start that
image.

My logs say the following:
Connection established.
You are using an older version of the agent. Please reload agent

Not sure why I am getting this error? My ignite version is also 2.7.
Tnx

Alexey Kuznetsov-2 Alexey Kuznetsov-2

Re: Web Console set up

Hi,

You should NOT download  Web agent docker image.
You should download Web agent from started Web Console (a link in a footer).
I created issue to support your use case: IGNITE-10889 Web Console should work with Web Agent started from Docker image.

Alexey Kuznetsov
newigniter newigniter

Re: Web Console set up

What if we have several people who would like to use the web console? The
idea is that each of them downloads web agent and run it locally each time
when he wants to use web console? Or is there a way to start the agent on
some server so it doesn't have to start each time locally?

Tnx

Alexey Kuznetsov-2 Alexey Kuznetsov-2

Re: Web Console set up

Hi,

Both way will work.

1) Each user can download Web Agent and connect to cluster via Web Console.

2) Admin download Web Agent and put several users tokens to default.properties file as comma separated string and start Web Agent, now users that listed in that property can connect to cluster via We Console. In case of new user, admin should add/remove token to default.properties file and restart Web Agent. You can find user token at "Profile" screen.

Hope this helps.

Alexey Kuznetsov
newigniter newigniter

Re: Web Console set up