Visor configuration

tschauenberg tschauenberg

Visor configuration

To use visor we typically ssh onto a server node and use run visor there.
When doing so we launch visor with the exact same configuration as that
server node is running.

Two questions regarding this:
* Is running visor from a server node problematic?
* Should we be using a different configuration for visor such as one that
sets IgniteConfiguration.clientMode to true?

Additionally related to this we see running visor often causes one of N
server nodes to be terminated in Ignite 2.7.0 (haven't tried reproducing in
2.8.1 as we need to upgrade first).  I think this related to us not having
the failureDetectionTimeout set anywhere in the config.

Two questions regarding this:
* Why are the server nodes able to be connected just fine without failures
but as soon as visor is connected it causes one of them to be kicked for
responding too slowly?  The servers and visor are all using the same config
and are all in the same network.  Visor in this scenario is running on one
of the server nodes.
* When setting the failureDetectionTimeout does it have to be set to the
same value on all server nodes, all client nodes, and on visor?  Or is
failureDetectionTimeout a setting on the local node only for determining how
long that local node will wait talking to remote nodes?  For example, if we
are seeing the problem just when starting visor is it reasonable to increase
the failureDetectionTimeout just in the visor configuration?

Re: Visor configuration

Hello!

I don't think it is a problem. Please provide actual logs from node failure.

I recommend having failureDetectionTimeout configured as the same value on all server nodes.