Version Mismatch Check

abatra abatra

Version Mismatch Check

Hi,

I am facing an issue with Ignite's version mismatch check. I have a deployment where 3 micro-service instances also run as Ignite server nodes. The process to update these microservices is an automated one, where 1 microservice is rebooted with a newer build at one time and until that microservice comes up, another microservice does not reboot with a newer build for the upgrade to complete across all the 3 instances.

This automated process of deployment exposes an issue when I bump up the Ignite version for the micro-services and publish a newer build. When the first microservice reboots with a newer version of Apache-Ignite (while the other microservices are still running an older version) it throws a version mismatch error and never comes up.

I am not sure if Ignite allows skipping this version mismatch check. Looking for some guidance on how this can be solved?

Regards
Ankit Batra
Gianluca Bonetti Gianluca Bonetti

Re: Version Mismatch Check

Hello

For what I know, Apache Ignite does not allow different versions to run on the same cluster.
I think that GridGain commercial version has support for running nodes with different versions on same cluster.

Cheers
Gianluca

Il giorno ven 5 lug 2019 alle ore 08:51 Ankit Batra <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

Ankit Batra
abatra abatra

Ankit Batra

Ankit Batra
abatra abatra

Ankit Batra

Ankit Batra
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Version Mismatch Check

Check out GridGain Editions that built on Apache Ignite and provide some
enterprise features. One of the features let you have nodes of different
versions (rolling upgrade): https://docs.gridgain.com/docs/rolling-upgrades

abatra abatra

Re: Version Mismatch Check

All right. Thanks for confirming.