Use Kryo serializer end to end

abhi2703 abhi2703

Use Kryo serializer end to end

Hi All,

I want to use same serializer end to end.
While saving an object from Java to Ignite - use Kryo Serializer
While saving an object from Ignite to Cassandra as a 3rd Party persistent -
use Kryo Srializer

Is it possible if yes, how?
please help thanks a lot.

Regards,
vicky

Re: Use Kryo serializer end to end

Hi Vicky,

Yes, technically that's doable and requires you to create a marshaller implementation that uses Kryo:

However, I would switch from the default serialization format (binary format and BinaryMarshaller) only if it's absolutely necessary. Ignite storage engine and APIs are optimized for the binary format. Ignite SQL can query specific fields thanks to the binary format. If you switch to Kryo then you won't be able to run queries like "SELECT * FROM city WHERE population = 5" unless you modify the SQL engine.

What Ignite APIs are you planning to use (SQL, key-value, etc.)?

-
Denis