Upgrading Ignite Persistence from 2.1 to 2.3

josephine.barboza josephine.barboza

Upgrading Ignite Persistence from 2.1 to 2.3

Hi,

I am currently using version 2.1 of ignite and want to upgrade to latest version 2.3. My application uses Ignite Persistence(org.apache.ignite.configuration. PersistentStoreConfiguration) to persist data. As part of upgrading to version 2.3 do I need to change this to DataStoreConfiguration or can I continue using PersistentStoreConfiguration. What is recommended? Also, if I do need to change to DataStoreConfiguration how do I migrate the existing data?

Please help.

Thanks,

Josephine

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager and/or the sender immediately.
Andrew Mashenkov Andrew Mashenkov

Re: Upgrading Ignite Persistence from 2.1 to 2.3

Hi,

In 2.3 some configuration methods are deprecated and will be removed in next major release (ignite-3.0).
You can safely continue to use old-style configuration, but of course we recommend to switch to new-style if possible to be able to use new features.

I'm not sure 2.3 can support old storage out of box, but you can try.
Also, please, note the default pagesize was changed in between 2.2 and 2.3 releases from 2048 to 4096. So, you may need to specify it explicitly in your config.

--
Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov
Andrew.
josephine.barboza josephine.barboza

RE: Upgrading Ignite Persistence from 2.1 to 2.3

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the info. Could you also let me know how to migrate the data from 2.1 to 2.3. Are there any APIs/feature which I can use to do that?

Andrew Mashenkov Andrew Mashenkov

Re: Upgrading Ignite Persistence from 2.1 to 2.3

Hi Josephine,

Just try to update ignite up to 2.3 with specifying pageSize=2048 in configuration.