Universal JDBC-ish layer/API for data grids: supports Ignite and Hazelcast

Alex Rogachevsky Alex Rogachevsky

Universal JDBC-ish layer/API for data grids: supports Ignite and Hazelcast

Since I mentioned my open-source persistence framework: Px100 Data in a couple of questions, I thought I'd post it here. Check it out and let me know what you think and whether it needs any improvements. I've been using it for over a year now as the lower part of my Px100 SaaS development framework.

I do not use Ignite, Hazelcast, or Mongo directly, but only through that layer and within its use-cases and patterns. My goal is to have a minimalistic yet robust unified API centered around common enterprise SaaS patterns to use the data grid as the primary database - with transparent write-behind and write-through support.

https://github.com/a-rog/px100data
Alexey Kuznetsov Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Universal JDBC-ish layer/API for data grids: supports Ignite and Hazelcast

Alex,

Just want to add that in Ignite we have issue for improving Ignite JDBC driver: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1250
I think it make sense for you to track this issue and when it will be merged into master you could check how it will impact your framework.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Alex Rogachevsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since I mentioned my open-source persistence framework: Px100 Data in a
couple of questions, I thought I'd post it here. Check it out and let me
know what you think and whether it needs any improvements. I've been using
it for over a year now as the lower part of my Px100 SaaS development
framework.

I do not use Ignite, Hazelcast, or Mongo directly, but only through that
layer and within its use-cases and patterns. My goal is to have a
minimalistic yet robust unified API centered around common enterprise SaaS
patterns to use the data grid as the primary database - with transparent
write-behind and write-through support.

https://github.com/a-rog/px100data

Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems