Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

kotamrajuyashasvi kotamrajuyashasvi

Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

Hi

I would like to perform Ignite Transaction operations from a C++ program
using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol. Is it possible to do so ? If this
feature is not available now, will it be added in future ?

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

kotamrajuyashasvi kotamrajuyashasvi

Re: Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

Hi

Thanks for your response.
I would like to know if Transaction operations on Ignite cache at key-value
level(not SQL) can be performed using the Thin Client Protocol.

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

kotamrajuyashasvi kotamrajuyashasvi

Re: Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

Hi

according to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-9+Thin+Client+Protocol

we can perform cache operations like get(),put() etc using thin client
protocol which uses tcp socket communication with the Ignite server. I would
like to know if similarly we can send a request to start a transaction or
committing / rolling back transaction.

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

Re: Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

Right now, this client implemented only for .NET, but it's not even released yet.

I'm not sure about transactions since design document doesn't contain any information about it.

BTW, why you don't want to use ODBC from C++?

Hi

according to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-9+Thin+Client+Protocol

we can perform cache operations like get(),put() etc using thin client
protocol which uses tcp socket communication with the Ignite server. I would
like to know if similarly we can send a request to start a transaction or
committing / rolling back transaction.

kotamrajuyashasvi kotamrajuyashasvi

Re: Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

Hi

In Ignite ODBC all operations are sql based and as you mentioned sql
transactions feature is not available yet. So cannot use it. So just
exploring all light weight C++ client  options available which support
Ignite Transactions.

Denis Magda-2 Denis Magda-2

Re: Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

+ dev list

Igniters, Pavel,

I think we need to bring support for key-value transactions to one of the future versions. As far as I understand, a server node, a thin client will be connected to, will be the transaction coordinator and the client will simply offloading everything to it. What do you think?

Denis

> On Jan 8, 2018, at 1:12 AM, kotamrajuyashasvi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I would like to perform Ignite Transaction operations from a C++ program
> using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol. Is it possible to do so ? If this
> feature is not available now, will it be added in future ?

ptupitsyn ptupitsyn

Re: Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

Hi Denis,

Yes, transactions in thin client protocol are surely very important, I think we should add them soon (in 2.5).

And yes, server node will handle everything, client just performs TX_START, TX_COMMIT, TX_ROLLBACK operations.

Pavel

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

kotamrajuyashasvi kotamrajuyashasvi

Re: Transaction operations using the Ignite Thin Client Protocol

Hi

Thanks for your response.

The project I'm working on requires many C++ processes running on a machine
with each C++ process to perform cache operations on Ignite Cluster
transactionally. Hence Each Individual C++ process has to start an Ignite
C++ Client node with in its process. But there will be a large number of C++
processes running and starting Ignite C++ Client node with in each of the
process would be memory Intensive. Also there are some other issues while
working with Ignite C++, which could not be replicated/reproduced here and
due to time constraint we are not able to focus on this replication issue.
Hence exploring other options.