Threads created in Ignite Runtime / JVM

krkumar24061975@gmail.com krkumar24061975@gmail.com

Threads created in Ignite Runtime / JVM

Hi Guys - Who creates these threads in Ignite Runtime. As I see these threads
are not named and seems to taking significant amount of processing time.
These two threads are either doing disk based io or Ignite SQL stuff. My
question is are these Ignite's internal threads ??

Thread [name="Thread-3979", id=8764, state=RUNNABLE, blockCnt=0, waitCnt=0]
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(SocketInputStream.java:116)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:171)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:286)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:345)
        - locked java.io.BufferedInputStream@54e62794
        at o.a.i.i.jdbc.thin.JdbcThinTcpIo.read(JdbcThinTcpIo.java:605)
        at o.a.i.i.jdbc.thin.JdbcThinTcpIo.read(JdbcThinTcpIo.java:586)
        at
o.a.i.i.jdbc.thin.JdbcThinTcpIo.readResponse(JdbcThinTcpIo.java:525)
        at
o.a.i.i.jdbc.thin.JdbcThinConnection$StreamState.readResponses(JdbcThinConnection.java:1006)
        at
o.a.i.i.jdbc.thin.JdbcThinConnection$StreamState$$Lambda$125/1045384392.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Thread [name="Thread-3984", id=8778, state=RUNNABLE, blockCnt=2,
waitCnt=369268]
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.pread0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.pread(FileDispatcherImpl.java:52)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:220)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)
        at
sun.nio.ch.SimpleAsynchronousFileChannelImpl$2.run(SimpleAsynchronousFileChannelImpl.java:320)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Thanx and Regards,
KR Kumar

Re: Threads created in Ignite Runtime / JVM

Hello!

The first one is our thread, JDBC Connector.

The second one, I'm not sure.

пн, 16 дек. 2019 г. в 06:08, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Ilya - Thanks for the response. Why would these JDBC threads be constantly
querying something even when the system is idle?  I mean even when I am not
running any queries in the applications, Looks like something is being read
from the ignite persistence through JDBC sql?

Thanx and Regards,
KR Kumar

krkumar24061975@gmail.com krkumar24061975@gmail.com

Re: Threads created in Ignite Runtime / JVM

Hi Ilya - The other thread looks like is also ignite, here is the thread dump
reference of the thread

"Thread-687" #2758 daemon prio=5 os_prio=0 tid=0x00007f2afc00d800 nid=0x897f
runnable [0x00007f299bffe000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.pread0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.pread(FileDispatcherImpl.java:52)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:220)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)
        at
sun.nio.ch.SimpleAsynchronousFileChannelImpl$2.run(SimpleAsynchronousFileChannelImpl.java:320)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

and here is the screen shot of the visualvm cpu view of the same thread:
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2578/ignite-thread-image.png>

From the above diagram looks like it's ignite thread and I am curious as to
what exactly this thread is doing ? and where it is being started. ( It
would be a good idea to name the thread pool also). Whenever these threads
kick-in thruput of the ignite writes go down significantly.

Thanx and Regards,
K R Kumar

Re: Threads created in Ignite Runtime / JVM

Hello!

This is just a future signalling its completion after some I/O is done. I'm not sure if it is related to your issues.

Can you tell us more about your use case & steps leading to slowdown?

чт, 2 янв. 2020 г. в 20:11, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
[...]

From the above diagram looks like it's ignite thread and I am curious as to