There is no property called StartSize in CacheConfiguration

Peter Sham Peter Sham

There is no property called StartSize in CacheConfiguration

I am reading performance tips on Ignite.Net (https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/performance-tips#section-tune-cache-start-size) and upon "Tune Cache Start Size", there should be a property called "StartSize" in CacheConfiguration. But there is no such property. What should the configuration property for setting initial cache size? Cannot find it on API documentation. Anyone can help?

Rohan Honwade Rohan Honwade

Re: There is no property called StartSize in CacheConfiguration

Hey Peter,

If you need to set the initial capacity of the cache, one way you can do it is to provide an EvictionPolicy to the CacheConfiguration. In the EvictionPolicy implementation, example - SortedEvictionPolicy or LruEvictionPolicy, you have constructors where you can specify the max size of the cache. Entries will be evicted after that max size is reached.

If you are looking set the NearCache start size, you can set the NearCacheConfiguration (using CacheConfiguration.setNearConfiguration) which has a constructor to provide the nearStartSize

HTH,
Rohan Honwade

On Dec 8, 2018, at 9:22 PM, Peter Sham <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am reading performance tips on Ignite.Net (https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/performance-tips#section-tune-cache-start-size) and upon "Tune Cache Start Size", there should be a property called "StartSize" in CacheConfiguration. But there is no such property. What should the configuration property for setting initial cache size? Cannot find it on API documentation. Anyone can help?

slava.koptilin slava.koptilin

Re: There is no property called StartSize in CacheConfiguration

Hi Peter,

> I am reading performance tips on Ignite.Net
> and upon "Tune Cache Start Size", there should be a property called
> "StartSize" in CacheConfiguration.
> But there is no such property.
The 'startSize' property only makes sense for Apache Ignite 1.x. It allows
specifying cache size that is used for pre-create internal structures after
cache start.
anyway, it looks like the page should be updated accordingly.

As of Apache Ignite 2.0, that property was removed due to new Ignite page
memory architecture. [1]

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-architecture

Thanks,
Slava.

Stanislav Lukyanov Stanislav Lukyanov

RE: There is no property called StartSize in CacheConfiguration

The .Net page seems to be outdated. The startSize property isn’t there anymore.

Check out the main one - https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/performance-tips.

Stan