String as value problem ?

Mikael Mikael

String as value problem ?

Hi!

I must be doing something very wrong, I have a cache where I use a
String as the value and Ignite go bonkers on me when it try to create
the cache:

SEVERE: Failed to initialize cache. Will try to rollback cache start
routine. [cacheName=RTU_CFGS]
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to register query
type: QueryTypeDescriptorImpl [cacheName=RTU_CFGS, name=String,
schemaName=RTU_CFGS, tblName=STRING, fields={},
idxs={STRING__VAL_IDX=QueryIndexDescriptorImpl [name=STRING__VAL_IDX,
type=SORTED, inlineSize=-1]}, fullTextIdx=null, keyCls=class
java.lang.Long, valCls=class java.lang.String,
keyTypeName=java.lang.Long, valTypeName=java.lang.String,
valTextIdx=false, typeId=9, affKey=null, keyFieldName=null,
valFieldName=null, obsolete=false]
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.query.h2.IgniteH2Indexing.registerType(IgniteH2Indexing.java:1709)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.query.GridQueryProcessor.registerCache0(GridQueryProcessor.java:1512)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.query.GridQueryProcessor.onCacheStart0(GridQueryProcessor.java:779)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.query.GridQueryProcessor.onCacheStart(GridQueryProcessor.java:840)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheProcessor.startCache(GridCacheProcessor.java:1113)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheProcessor.prepareCacheStart(GridCacheProcessor.java:1816)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.CacheAffinitySharedManager.onCacheChangeRequest(CacheAffinitySharedManager.java:751)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.onCacheChangeRequest(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:882)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.init(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:588)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager$ExchangeWorker.body(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:2279)
     at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:110)

All other caches work fine, but I have two that use a java.lang.String
class for the value and both of them do this, am I doing something silly
here or is it some problem using a String as the value for the cache (I
guess it is related to indexing in H2 for some reason), if I change to
some other class for value in the caches they work just fine.

Mikael

Re: String as value problem ?

Mikael,

First of all, the trace should contain the cause with more details. What
does it tell? If this doesn't help to figure our the reason of the failure,
please show the cache configuration.

Mikael Mikael

Re: String as value problem ?

Hi!

Forget about it, it was my fault, when you use a String as a value in a
cache (and use indexing), it requires that you have Lucene jar's in the
classpath, I didn't have that.

Mikael