Striim support for Ignite

niamin niamin

Striim support for Ignite

Is there any plan to add Ignite connector for Striim to facilitate CDC?

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Striim support for Ignite

I’m not aware of any activity towards supporting Striim.
Try asking the same in the Striim community. Hopefully, somebody will help you with that there.

Denis
On 16 Oct 2019, 21:51 +0300, niamin <[hidden email]>, wrote:
Is there any plan to add Ignite connector for Striim to facilitate CDC?

niamin niamin

Re: Striim support for Ignite

There isn't anything that I can find. For synching data i.e. CDC between
RDBMS and Ignite what would you recommend?

Evgeniy Rudenko Evgeniy Rudenko

Re: Striim support for Ignite

Ignite has support for Kafka. You can add it to the middle between your RDBMS and Ignite.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 5:02 PM niamin <[hidden email]> wrote:
There isn't anything that I can find. For synching data i.e. CDC between
RDBMS and Ignite what would you recommend?

Best regards,
Evgeniy

Re: Striim support for Ignite

Ignite can fetch data from RDBMS on the fly and even write it back when it changes, it is called Cache Store.

пт, 18 окт. 2019 г. в 17:02, niamin <[hidden email]>:
There isn't anything that I can find. For synching data i.e. CDC between
RDBMS and Ignite what would you recommend?

niamin niamin

Re: Striim support for Ignite

So my use case is to be able use SQL/Query API on my existing system to
retrieve from Ignite in-memory Grid. I don't expect a lot of write-through
from Ignite. I DO expect most of my writes to happen on my RDBMS. I don't
see any option rather than writing custom code on RDBMS(may be triggers) to
capture the changes and then publish them as Events to a topic which Ignite
can subscribe to. Striim provides this set of functionalities as out of the
box solution for Hazelcast behind an RDBMS.

Re: Striim support for Ignite

Looping in dev list.

Folks, does anybody have any experience with Striim or ready to research?

It might be an option for change-data-capture scenarios from Ignite clusters (with and without persistence) to other stores like RDBMS or Cassandra.

-
Denis