Strange behavior with tables partitioned and replicated, and indexes on join

yblazart yblazart

Strange behavior with tables partitioned and replicated, and indexes on join

Hello, I really need help.
First, sorry but I can’t share code because of my boss.

I have two tables, normally partitioned, but I can’t collocate data (simply because other tables are related to using other columns).
On these tables I have stetted my indexes, everything is done using create table and create index scripts.

Then when I execute my request, a left join, on only one node, ignite say to me that my join do not use indexes while raising an exception, wich  is wrong because I created them.
The most strange thing is that if I set the second table as replicated instead of partitioned, it works !

I precise that my data are inserted using binary objects.

Is anybody have an idea ?

Thanks in advance.
Maxim.Pudov Maxim.Pudov

Re: Strange behavior with tables partitioned and replicated, and indexes on join

yblazart yblazart

Re: Strange behavior with tables partitioned and replicated, and indexes on join

Hi. Thanks for answer.

But it doesn't explain my case

Le mer. 17 avr. 2019 à 16:56, Maxim.Pudov <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi, check out this article:
https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/distributed-joins#section-non-collocated-joins

yblazart yblazart

Re: Strange behavior with tables partitioned and replicated, and indexes on join

Sorry for short answer.

Document just say that if the join condition is not pk or affinity, it broadcast request instead of unicast.

In my case, i use indexed columns, but I receive exception.

Regards

Le mer. 17 avr. 2019 à 18:36, yann Blazart <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi. Thanks for answer.

But it doesn't explain my case

Le mer. 17 avr. 2019 à 16:56, Maxim.Pudov <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi, check out this article:
https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/distributed-joins#section-non-collocated-joins

Maxim.Pudov Maxim.Pudov

Re: Strange behavior with tables partitioned and replicated, and indexes on join

By default Ignite thinks that data is collocated. You have to tell Ignite
that it is not. For example, by adding a parameter to JDBC connection:
distributedJoins=true or by using this method
SqlQueryFields.setDistributedJoins [1] in java API.

[1]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/query/SqlFieldsQuery.html#setDistributedJoins-boolean-

yblazart yblazart