Stop JVM on network Segmenation

tarunk tarunk

Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Hi All,

We wants to use a segmentation policy in a way, that with network
segmentation the jvm process should stop. The standard policy I found in
ignite is RESTART/STOP/NOOP(default), here the stop policy is only stopping
the node, not the JVM.

Is there any policy/way to stop the JVM on network segmentation ?

Thanks
Tarun

akurbanov akurbanov

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

How do you start your nodes? Using a shell script or just as an application?

tarunk tarunk

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

This post was updated on .
@akurbanov,  Its not being started by shell script, it runs as an application
inside docker.

Thanks

tarunk tarunk

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Hi All,

Can anyone please help with below original query ?

Павлухин Иван Павлухин Иван

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Hi Taruk,

There is no such thing out of box. You can try to use
org.apache.ignite.Ignition#addListener and handle
org.apache.ignite.IgniteState#STOPPED_ON_SEGMENTATION state change
according to your needs.

Perhaps, if you can describe why do you need a specific handling then
the Community might suggest other options.

пн, 17 июн. 2019 г. в 12:22, tarunk <[hidden email]>:

> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone please help with below original query ?

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin
tarunk tarunk

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Thank you for the response Павлухин Иван.

We need this as ignite-nodes are running on aws-ec2 and would like
autoscaling to start new node if one got segmented due to some network
issue.
We are not starting service by commandline script so i think we cant use
RESTART_JVM Segmentation policy.

Re: Stop JVM on network Segmenation

Hello!

I guess that you only need to define IGNITE_SUCCESS_FILE
system property pointing to nonexistent but creatabe file to be able to use RESTART_JVM. Then JVM will stopped on segmentation and you can detect this event by creation of aforementioned file and also by retval of 250.