Spring upgrade on Ignite

ignite_user2016 ignite_user2016

Spring upgrade on Ignite

This post was updated on .
Is there a plan to upgrade spring lib to 5.0 for upcoming release ?

Currently, Ignite-spring uses Spring 4.3.4 version so if I am running Ignite
with spring boot2 better to upgrade all the spring libs to 5.1 version.

I run into some weird logging issue since ignite using older version of
spring where it missed out following logs since Ignite using older version
of spring lib.

2018-11-07 09:46:34,098 INFO [main]
org.springframework.boot.web.embedded.undertow.UndertowServletWebServer
Undertow started on port(s) 8080 (http) with context path ''
2018-11-07 09:46:34,099 DEBUG [main]
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory
Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'delegatingApplicationListener'
2018-11-07 09:46:34,099 DEBUG [main]
org.springframework.web.context.support.StandardServletEnvironment Adding
PropertySource 'server.ports' with highest search precedence
2018-11-07 09:46:34,108 INFO [main] demo.SB20CacheApplication Started
SB20CacheApplication in 18.618 seconds (JVM running for 20.738)

The details are as follows -

On the logging front, Spring Framework 5.0 comes out of the box with Commons
Logging bridge module, named spring-jcl instead of the standard Commons
Logging. Also, this new version will auto detect Log4j 2.x, SLF4J, JUL (
java.util.logging) without any extra bridges.

Thanks..
Rishi

ignite_user2016 ignite_user2016

Re: Spring upgrade on Ignite

I fixed the issue with following inclusion in my build gradle -

configurations.all {
            exclude group: "commons-logging", module: "commons-logging"
        }

Thanks..
Rishi