Splitting cache table slows down and long pauses

KR Kumar KR Kumar

Splitting cache table slows down and long pauses

This post was updated on .
Hi Guys - I am using ignite file based persistence. I have a cache table that
i created using JDBC driver. This table has grown very big, so I have split
the table into 100 tables to improve the query performance. Now the problem,
application has become very slow and also i see long pauses.

One thing I see is that each cache instance creates bunch of files in the
data folders and now I see lot of file handles open in the application. Is that a problem??

Any pointers??

Thanx and Regards,
KR Kumar

Re: Splitting cache table slows down and long pauses

Hey,

Have you tried these optimizations approaches?

Not sure that splitting into the multiple tables is the best way to tackle this.

-
Denis

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:17 AM KR Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Guys - I am using ignite file based persistence. I have a cache table that
i created using JDBC driver. This table has grown very big, so I have split
the table into 100 tables to improve the query performance. Now the problem,
application has become very slow and also i see long pauses.

One thing I see is that each cache instance creates bunch of tables in the
data folders and now I see lot of file handles open. Is that a problem??

Any pointers??

Thanx and Regards,
KR Kumar