Some problems when using Ignite

brianzhou brianzhou

Some problems when using Ignite

Hi,

Our company is now on a trial survey on Ignite. We found that if we want to alter the table schema or add a new table or even add an index when we use the Ignite SQL, we should change our code of the data injection, compile again, and then restart our ignite cluster to validate all the changes. We have tried BinaryObject, but it still needs pre-setting of the table schema and cluster restart. Are there any workarounds since its expensive to restart an industial cluster which may cause data loss? If not, will the latter version of Ignite support the dynamic changing of the table schema?

Best Regards,

Brian Zhou

new logo

dkarachentsev dkarachentsev

Re: Some problems when using Ignite

Hi,

Dynamic schema chages is available only via SQL/JDBC [1].
BTW caches created via SQL could be accessed from java API if you add
SQL_PUBLIC_ to table. For example: ignite.cache(SQL_PUBLIC_TABLENAME).

[1] https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/ddl

Thanks!
-Dmitry