Setting up Ignite node inside JBOSS 6 container

aosmakoff aosmakoff

Setting up Ignite node inside JBOSS 6 container

Extending our existing web application to have access to an Ignite cache/compute grid, we need to set up a node withing this application and deploy it to JBOSS6.# container. The server box does not have Ignite installed separately and does not have IGNITE_HOME defined. In this case the call to Ignition.start(config) fails. The problem was traced to the code IgniteUtils.resolveProjectHome() that goes through a few attempts (that rightly failed in our case) and comes to trying to resolve path to class-file (line 3124) and then fails in return findProjectHome(new File(uri)); (line 3136). The error indicates that JBOSS returns uri as 'vfs://...', than the FILE constructor assumes 'file://...'.
Cheers, Alex

Re: Setting up Ignite node inside JBOSS 6 container

Alex,

This is a known issue and is already fixed in master. Can you try with the latest nightly build? It can be downloaded here: https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Ignite/job/Ignite-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/

-Val