Select clause is quite more slow than same Select on MySQL

manueltg89 manueltg89

Select clause is quite more slow than same Select on MySQL

Hi!,

I have a table with 4 millions of registers, with only 1 node in Apache
Ignite. I make a simple query to get all registers:

select * from items;

I make the query in Apache Ignite and this takes 83 seconds and same query
in MySQL takes 33 seconds.

Is it normal?

Thanks in advance.

Mikhail Mikhail

Re: Select clause is quite more slow than same Select on MySQL

Hi Manuel,

Ignite is a grid solution, it is supposed to be scaled horizontally, so MySQL can be more efficient in some cases, but it can not scaled well. So ignite will win when you can not fit data on one machine and need to scale.
So, load more data, use more machines and at some point Apache Ignite will show better performance.

Thanks,
Mike.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020, 4:51 AM manueltg89 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!,

I have a table with 4 millions of registers, with only 1 node in Apache
Ignite. I make a simple query to get all registers:

select * from items;

I make the query in Apache Ignite and this takes 83 seconds and same query
in MySQL takes 33 seconds.

Is it normal?

Thanks in advance.

manueltg89 manueltg89

Re: Select clause is quite more slow than same Select on MySQL

Hi Mike, thanks for information. I will try that.

Thanks.

Re: Select clause is quite more slow than same Select on MySQL

This resource tries to explain your issue in a bit more detail. In short, there are scenarios when an RDBMS can easily show much better performance numbers.

-
Denis