Running Ignite on SoftLayer

IgniteNewUser IgniteNewUser

Running Ignite on SoftLayer

Hi!

Could someone help setup a small cluster running on SoftLayer (and send jobs to the framework)? It seems to work on AWS, but SL has advantages in terms of efficiency with bare metal servers, so our thinking is that ignite will be utilized most effectively on SoftLayer.

Has anyone done this? If not, would anyone like to spend a bit of time helping to figure it out?

Thanks so much!
dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: Running Ignite on SoftLayer

IgniteNewUser wrote
Could someone help setup a small cluster running on SoftLayer (and send jobs to the framework)? It seems to work on AWS, but SL has advantages in terms of efficiency with bare metal servers, so our thinking is that ignite will be utilized most effectively on SoftLayer.

Has anyone done this? If not, would anyone like to spend a bit of time helping to figure it out?
Looks like Apache JClouds supports SoftLayer: https://jclouds.apache.org/reference/providers/

In this case Ignite can be deployed on SoftLayer using its integration with JClouds documented here:
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.1/docs/generic-cloud-configuration

D.