Running 2.x Ignite in embedded mode with persistence enabled

mzingman mzingman

Running 2.x Ignite in embedded mode with persistence enabled

We have a situation where a development team is trying to embed Ignite grid
into existing legacy big (BBM)  application, already running on high heap
space (up to 10GB). Now they’re making things worse by adding offline disk
storage configuration. It’s on windows VMs, with HDD disks, and by-chance
some windows VMs  could run multiple instances of this application.

I'm looking for a feedback of what could go wrong, especially when disk
persistence is enabled.
Thank you

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

Re: Running 2.x Ignite in embedded mode with persistence enabled

Hi,

> already running on high heap space (up to 10GB)
I wouldn't say that 10GB is a high heap usage, so, it shouldn't be a
problem.

> It’s on windows VMs, with HDD disks, and by-chance some windows VMs  could
> run multiple instances of this application.
More likely running multiple Ignite nodes on one machine with HDD will be a
bottleneck for application - these nodes will compete for the I/O resources.
Why did you decide to choose this architecture? Did you consider running an
Ignite cluster separately from application and just having client nodes
embedded in the application? What do you use there at the moment?

Evgenii