Resource Management (connection pooling) on Ignite Cluster

jibin jibin

Resource Management (connection pooling) on Ignite Cluster

How can we manage resources on ignite.

Given the application i am developing, i have a few connections that i used to keep, (JDBC/SAP/others).
I used to keep all the connections in a pool and manage them using HIKARI.
Now given that i have a cluster of machines using ignite, what method can i use that i can distribute the number of connections across the nodes.

Ignite doesnt provide any of this mechanism out of the box.

I have thought of using services as a container for these connections, but then the management of connection is an extra overhead. As good as reinventing the wheel.

Hikari doesn't have any cluster management features and hence is limited to single node resource.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
afedotov afedotov

Re: Resource Management (connection pooling) on Ignite Cluster

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can receive email notifications for your messages.
subscribe, send an empty email to [hidden email] and follow simple instructions in the reply.

Did you have a chance to take a look at JDBC client node driver? It should handle distributing the queries between nodes.

Kind regards,
Alex.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 1:33 PM, jibin [via Apache Ignite Users] <[hidden email]> wrote:
How can we manage resources on ignite.

Given the application i am developing, i have a few connections that i used to keep, (JDBC/SAP/others).
I used to keep all the connections in a pool and manage them using HIKARI.
Now given that i have a cluster of machines using ignite, what method can i use that i can distribute the number of connections across the nodes.

Ignite doesnt provide any of this mechanism out of the box.

I have thought of using services as a container for these connections, but then the management of connection is an extra overhead. As good as reinventing the wheel.

Hikari doesn't have any cluster management features and hence is limited to single node resource.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Resource-Management-connection-pooling-on-Ignite-Cluster-tp16128.html
To start a new topic under Apache Ignite Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Apache Ignite Users, click here.
NAML