Real time sync ignite cache

Om Thacker Om Thacker

Real time sync ignite cache

Hello All,

I have 10 ignite caches created for 10 database tables. I have a scenario
wherein I need to update the cache regularly if the database is updated from
other sources.
I am currently using kafka confluent to sync the ignite cache with the db.
But do we have any other option in ignite , which can be used to update the
cache on update in db or insert into  cache ,on insert in db.
Note: "I cannot use read-through option as it is only available."

aealexsandrov aealexsandrov

Re: Real time sync ignite cache

Hi,

What database do you use?

BR,
Andrei

Om Thacker Om Thacker

Re: Real time sync ignite cache

I am using MySQL database

aealexsandrov aealexsandrov

Re: Real time sync ignite cache

Hi,

Without cache stores, you can try to use ignite-spark integration but it
will not provide the real-time synchronization.

Also, you can try to set up some incremental data loading over JDBC, for
example via apach sqoop.

BR,
Andrei

Re: Real time sync ignite cache

Well, there are several options in additions to what you do with Kafka.
  1. Set up MySQL triggers and let them push data to Ignite via JMX or another streaming tool.
  2. Use Oracle Golden Gate integration that works for MySQL. This tool does this much more efficiently: https://www.gridgain.com/resources/blog/syncing-gridgain-memory-computing-cluster-and-database-using-oracle-goldengate
-
Denis