Re: Ignite Shutdown Hook

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: Ignite Shutdown Hook

+ user list

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 12:30 PM, hemanta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am starting Ignite as standalone program embedded in my java application
via Spring configuration. It works great however my application stucks and
never finishes. I have added some shutdown hooks but they are never called.
I think this is because Ignite is running in main thread and stopping jvm to
exit.

I want jvm to stop Ignite and exit gracefully but this is not what I am
seeing. Any suggestions? Thank you.

tysli2016 tysli2016

Re: Ignite Shutdown Hook

hemanta did you call close() on the Ignite instance?

    Ignite ignite = Ignition.start();
    // do something with ignite
    ignite.close()

I have a similar problem before, and found that Ignite have some threads running which prevent the jvm from stopping even the main thread ended.