Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Ignite mascot

Saikat Maitra Saikat Maitra

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Ignite mascot

Hi Denis,

Awesome ideas !!! yes, I am aligned on a friendly dragon character as a mascot, like Spyro. I also like the idea of peacock as its feathers colors shows a nice clusters.

Here are few proposals I wanted to share:

1. Dragon (fire, spark, ignite)
2. Peacock (feathers, node clusters)
3. Cheetah (speed, fast)
4. Beluga Whales (echolocation, multicasting)

Let me know if you have more suggestions.

Regards,
Saikat

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 3:16 AM Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Saikat,

I love this idea and, frankly, have been contemplating for a while about
the same. Such characters (aka. mascots) can convey the spirit of our
project and community as well as make life more entertaining.

I bet that every Java developer instantly associates Java (as a project and
community) once he/she comes accross Java Duke [1]. Those of us who live in
the U.S. know who Geigo Gecko [1] is. What to say about Ronald McDonald [3]
is famous worldwide.

How do you see the Ignite's mascot? I imagine it as a dragon who is kind
and friendly rather than furious and hostile. Our logo is a spark of fire
and dragons are those whimsical creatures who are usually associated with
fire and flames.

[1] 568px-Duke_(Java_mascot)_waving.svg.png
<https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5d/Duke_%28Java_mascot%29_waving.svg/568px-Duke_%28Java_mascot%29_waving.svg.png>
[2] maxresdefault.jpg <https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8lZeTTXyIk4/maxresdefault.jpg>
[3] ronald-mcdonald-052011.jpg
<https://s3-prod.adage.com/s3fs-public/styles/800x600/public/ronald-mcdonald-052011.jpg>

-
Denis

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 1:07 PM Saikat Maitra <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to discuss the idea of creating Apache Ignite mascot and if it is
> something we would be interested. I was recently following the process of
> creating a mascot  Firefly[1] in Apache Beam project and absolutely loved
> the concept.
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/success-at-apache-bringing-the
>
> Regards,
> Saikat

Manu Manu

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Ignite mascot

What about a hellboy’s style animal?, with Ignite’s flame between the horns

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to discuss the idea of creating Apache Ignite mascot and if it is
> something we would be interested. I was recently following the process of
> creating a mascot  Firefly[1] in Apache Beam project and absolutely loved
> the concept.
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/success-at-apache-bringing-the
>
> Regards,
> Saikat

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Ignite mascot

Folks, thanks for sharing ideas.

Let me find a designer who can turn the ideas into pictures. Then we can compare and adjust.

-
Denis

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to discuss the idea of creating Apache Ignite mascot and if it is
> something we would be interested. I was recently following the process of
> creating a mascot  Firefly[1] in Apache Beam project and absolutely loved
> the concept.
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/success-at-apache-bringing-the
>
> Regards,
> Saikat