Question on Continuous Query Remote Filter

Devakumar J Devakumar J

Question on Continuous Query Remote Filter

This post was updated on .
Hi All,

We have a setup of 2 servers and 1 client Node. Client node registers CQ on
set of caches.

I just want to temporarily pause and resume CQ notifications based on
certain action at client node.

I was trying to achieve this through remote filter and ignite messaging. I
mean client publish message to all the server nodes to flip the boolean
flag. And remote filter will return true or false based on the flag.

The behavior was inconsistent. Sometime it works and some time i dont see
even the CQ registered properly and when i query SYS.CONTINUOUS_QUERIES,
getting some invalid state exception.

Looks like using boolean flag inside remote filter is causing some issue. If i remove that then i dont see any issues with CQ.

Is there any other way of pausing and resuming CQ notification based on
client side event?

Thanks & Regards,
Devakumar J

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

Devakumar J Devakumar J

Re: Question in Continuous Query Remote Filter

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Do we have any document reference for stopping/unsubscribing registered CQ
listeners.

Thanks & Regards,
Devakumar J

ezhuravlev ezhuravlev

Re: Question in Continuous Query Remote Filter

I believe Java doc should be enough for that: https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/query/ContinuousQuery.html

It says:

To stop receiving updates call QueryCursor.close() method:

 cur.close();

Evgenii