Query regarding Ignite unit tests

Namrata Bhave Namrata Bhave

Query regarding Ignite unit tests

Hi,

I have recently started working with Apache Ignite. Build on x86 Ubuntu 16.04 is complete. However, while running tests using `mvn test` command, the execution gets stuck while running `ignite-core` module.

Hence started running tests on individual modules, where similar behavior was seen in ignite-indexing, ignite-clients and ignite-ml modules as well.

I have tried setting JAVA heap settings, running on a system with 32GB RAM.

Is there a way to avoid this and get complete test results? Also, is there any CI or such environment where I can get results of unit tests?

Would appreciate any help provided.

Thanks and Regards,

Namrata

Stanislav Lukyanov Stanislav Lukyanov

RE: Query regarding Ignite unit tests

Hi,

This is better to be asked on the dev-list – added that to the To, and Bcc’ed user-list.

I actually don’t think you can run tests for a specific module – either a single test, or a single test suite, or all of them.

I would usually either run a single test from IDEA or run all tests via TeamCity https://ci.ignite.apache.org.

Igniters, please help Namrata here with the best practices of working with tests.

Stan

Re: Query regarding Ignite unit tests

There is no scenario where you would run all tests during mvn clean install.

Normally, tests are run on per test suite basis with specific suite settings. It will make more than a day to run all tests and they might interfere each other.
The proper way of running tests is ci.ignite.apache.org which should be available to all contributors (I think). You should ask to be a contributor on developers list.

So the realistic way to build Ignite is -DskipTests.

OR, -DfailIfNoTests=false -Dtest=SpecificClassTest.

пн, 3 дек. 2018 г. в 14:54, Namrata Bhave <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

I have recently started working with Apache Ignite. Build on x86 Ubuntu 16.04 is complete. However, while running tests using `mvn test` command, the execution gets stuck while running `ignite-core` module.

Hence started running tests on individual modules, where similar behavior was seen in ignite-indexing, ignite-clients and ignite-ml modules as well.

I have tried setting JAVA heap settings, running on a system with 32GB RAM.

Is there a way to avoid this and get complete test results? Also, is there any CI or such environment where I can get results of unit tests?

Would appreciate any help provided.

Thanks and Regards,

Namrata

Namrata Bhave Namrata Bhave

RE: Query regarding Ignite unit tests

Hi Ilya,

Thank you for your reply.

I still have some queries about the execution.

  1. I want to run tests for tag 2.6.0 , but could not find any existing builds for same. Can you please help me in running tests for tag 2.6.0?
  2. Secondly how to run test suite with specific suite settings? Any documentation which can list down what all the test suites are present?
  3. How to locally run the tests on our agent/VMs without adding agents to TeamCity?

[...]

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: Query regarding Ignite unit tests

Hello!

1. Why would you want to run tests for 2.6.0? They were ran when 2.6 was released.
2. Configurations exist on ci.ignite.apache.org and they're conveniently sorted into projects.
3. You could run suites one-by-one using JUnit.

вт, 4 дек. 2018 г. в 15:44, Namrata Bhave <[hidden email]>:

Hi Ilya,

Thank you for your reply.

I still have some queries about the execution.

  1. I want to run tests for tag 2.6.0 , but could not find any existing builds for same. Can you please help me in running tests for tag 2.6.0?
  2. Secondly how to run test suite with specific suite settings? Any documentation which can list down what all the test suites are present?
  3. How to locally run the tests on our agent/VMs without adding agents to TeamCity?

Thanks and Regards,

Namrata

Namrata Bhave Namrata Bhave

RE: Query regarding Ignite unit tests

Hi Ilya,

I want to run tests for v2.6.0(latest stable version) since I am trying to enable Apache Ignite on s390x architecture which is not yet supported by Ignite. Build is successful but want to ensure that functionality is working by running some basic unit tests on my platform. Which configurations do you feel would suffice to do some basic testing?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Namrata

Re: Query regarding Ignite unit tests

Hello!

I guess you can't use our TC to run tests on your private servers, unless you are willing to contribute them to Apache Ignite project :)

You could start by running IgniteBasicTestSuite, which is known as "Basic 1" on our TC. Then you can also try a few other suites.

I could run the following:
mvn -pl :ignite-core -am -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true -DfailIfNoTests=false -Dtest=IgniteBasicTestSuite -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true

Note that some suites may have flaky tests which will show some failures here and there. We are working on eliminating them, but you should expect a few.

We have a "Run Basic" suite which will run the following:

IgniteBasicTestSuite
IgnitePdsUnitTestSuite
org.apache.ignite.testsuites.IgniteBasicWithPersistenceTestSuite
IgniteBinaryObjectsComputeGridTestSuite
IgniteCacheFullApiSelfTestSuite

also there is Apache.Ignite.Core.Tests.exe for .Net tests, under platforms/dotnet. I guess you could run it with Mono if .Net core is unavailable for your platform.