Purging a partition

ashishb888 ashishb888

Purging a partition

Is is possible to purge a Ignite partition? If yes, how can we achieve? and
will it advisable to do so?

BR,
Ashish

Re: Purging a partition

Hello!

Why would you want to do this?

Try removing part-NNN.bin from your persistence to achieve this. Be sure to check in on testing first.

ср, 30 сент. 2020 г. в 13:47, ashishb888 <[hidden email]>:
Is is possible to purge a Ignite partition? If yes, how can we achieve? and
will it advisable to do so?

BR,
Ashish

ashishb888 ashishb888

Re: Purging a partition

Thank you!

Actually I do not use persistence, and all the data stored in the RAM.
Do we have similar things for the data stored in the RAM?

BR,
Ashish

Vladimir Pligin Vladimir Pligin

Re: Purging a partition

To be honest it doesn't look trivial.
I'm not sure at the moment why one could need that.
Could you please describe your use-case?
It will definitely help us to design a solution somehow.

dilaz03 dilaz03

dilaz03 dilaz03

Re: Purging a partition

May be: ScanQuery with partition number and cache.localClearAll for keys.

On 01.10.2020 11:47, Vladimir Pligin wrote:
> To be honest it doesn't look trivial.
> I'm not sure at the moment why one could need that.
> Could you please describe your use-case?
> It will definitely help us to design a solution somehow.

stephendarlington stephendarlington

Re: Purging a partition

I’ve seen this a few times. Most commonly is where you load in a days worth of data at a time and you want to remove the oldest days data. In some databases, you’d group the data together in a partition and issue a single command to delete the whole partition.

I’m not sure there’s a simple, efficient way to do it in the same way in Ignite — partitions mean something different in distributed systems — but a simpler way to bulk-delete data would be a nice feature.