Proper way to configure RDMS as persistent store

PunxsutawneyPhil3 PunxsutawneyPhil3

Proper way to configure RDMS as persistent store

I followed the  example
<https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/persistence/external-storage#rdbms-integration>
in the Ignite documentation for how to configure Ignite to act as a cache
with a postgres database.

I have been able to implement the person example and have had success
configuring caches for other simple tables that map to simple POJOS.  At
this point I have 3 questions:

1.  I have only been using an xml configuration on my server to define
caches and their types.  Is it possible to configure theses caches with
annotations either partially or in whole?  I have seen else where that
caches and their types can be configured with annotations but I am not
certain if annotations can be used to define the data source for my
connection to postgres.  If the data source cannot be configured via
annotations is it possible to configure the data source in the xml? I know I
can configure them in my java code but would prefer to either use
annotations or the XML, however the XML seems very verbose.

2.  I have some nested tables where each row corresponds to two or more
objects, one with the others nested inside (single layer).  Is there
documentation of how to see up caches for these objects?

3.  Its it possible to use other non built in objects as the cache key?