Proper shutdown from C++ environment

Wolfgang Meyerle Wolfgang Meyerle

Proper shutdown from C++ environment

Another question according a proper shutdown of ignite.

Do I have to catch the sigint signal to properly shutdown apache ignite
in my environment and set the node to inactive or is the code in ignite
catering for this itself? Is it safe to install signal handlers with the
usage of the ignite fat client?

Regards,

Wolfgang
Lieuwe Lieuwe

Re: Proper shutdown from C++ environment

You would only get SIGINT if you run your application in a shell and ctrl-c
it right? Can you not 'wait' on a key press and stop ignite properly
instead?

I looked at the same issue recently and I wouldn't expect ignite to do
anything that isn't documented - even if it does it now, it may not do it in
the next release. I run mine using systemctl and a signal handler that does

ignite::Ignition::StopAll(false);

works well.