Procedure for scale in and scale out of ignite nodes

ashfaq ashfaq

Procedure for scale in and scale out of ignite nodes

Hi ,

We are using ignite in our architecture in kubernetes environment. In our
current development phase I am working on scale out and scale in of ignite
nodes automatically when the event is triggered.

Could you please give me the steps for scale out and scale in with out any
data loss. Also the steps to verify if the event is successfully completed.

Re: Procedure for scale in and scale out of ignite nodes

Hello!

If you have backups factor of 1 then you can stop a node without data loss, then wait until rebalance is complete. So you should only remove nodes by one. You can add multiple ones at a time.

Unfortunately there is no way to take node out of topology without stopping it.

stephendarlington stephendarlington