Problem with connecting to node from java client

vijayendra bhati vijayendra bhati

Problem with connecting to node from java client

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Ignite Data Grid.Till now I was not using the property  <property name="gridName" value="myGrid" />.
Once I have started to use it I am not able to connect to Data Grid.

Although I have invoked  Ignition.start("config/cache-client.xml");
still when I do Ignition.ignite("config/cache-client.xml") say "Ignite instance with provided name doesn't exist. Did you call Ignition.start(..) to start an Ignite instance? [name=config/risk-analytics-cache-client.xml]"

I am not able to understand what should be input to ignite() method.I have tried to pass "myGrid" as well and even cache name also.But nothing is working.
Is there is any documentation which I can look at.

Is there is any sample / example to see how Ignite integration will happen with Spark, mainly I am interested in connecting to Data Grid on Spark nodes.

I am also unable to understand how to use Ignite in case of multi threading scenario.The reason being if I close cache in one thread it will impact  other thread.So does that mean I should close after all the threads have executed or I can ignite same cache in multiple threads and close them individually (which will not work)

Regards,
Vijayendra Bhati

vijayendra bhati vijayendra bhati

Vladimir Ozerov Vladimir Ozerov

Re: Problem with connecting to node from java client

Hi Vij,

You should pass the name you specified in "gridName" property. This is "myGrid" in your case.

If you cannot locate your node with this name, you could try calling Ignition.allGrids() method. It will return all currently started Ignite instances, so that you can try looking for your node there.

But please note, that these methods return only nodes started in the same process. That is, if you start a node in one process (e.g. from console) and try to access it in another process using Ignition.ignite(), this will not work of course.

Vladimir.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 2:24 PM, vijayendra bhati <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Vladimir,
Its working.
I was putting Ignition.ignite() in try block and hence it was getting closed because it implements Closeable interface and I was calling my code in loop with different arguments.

try(Ignite ignite = Ignition.ignite("myGrid"))
{

Vij