Preload all indexes to memory

dilaz03 dilaz03

Preload all indexes to memory

Hello,

I known I can preload ordinary partitions with
IgniteCache#localPreloadPartition. But I haven't seen any possibility
for preloading indexes to memory. Now I run sql query for each indexes
to force preloading.

But I saw in wiki documentation that indexes belong to partition with
special number 65535. I tried this value with localPreloadPartition. It
works only for numbers of ordinary partitions.

May be someone knowns efficient way to preload indexes?

Thank you.

Vladimir Pligin Vladimir Pligin

Re: Preload all indexes to memory

As far as know there's no such functionality at the moment.
The only way that comes to my mind is to try making a SQL query that scans
it.
For example if you created a index like that:

CREATE INDEX indexName ON tableName (field1, field2);
Then you can try to execute:

SELECT field1, field2 FROM tableName USE INDEX(indexName);

By the way I suppose it's going to be possible soon, have a look at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-40+Cache+warm-up

Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

Re: Preload all indexes to memory

Looks like this is the part of the upcoming warmup feature [1] that should
be published with the next Ignite release (2.10) or the upcoming GridGain
edition (v8.7.26?) [2].

Please, check the IEP-40 for the detailed explanation [3]

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-13345
[2] -
https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/release-notes/8.7.25/release-notes_8.7.25
[3] -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-40+Cache+warm-up

-----
Alex Shapkin
Alex Shapkin
dilaz03 dilaz03

Re: Preload all indexes to memory

Alexandr, thank you. I'll be in the loop.