Possible to change cache config without destroying and recreating cache?

bhlewka bhlewka

Possible to change cache config without destroying and recreating cache?

Hi All,

I have an ignite cache that is getting an affinity backup filter function
added
(https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/affinity/rendezvous/ClusterNodeAttributeAffinityBackupFilter.html)
to it, and I'm noticing that it isn't working unless it is a newly created
cache.

Is it possible to change/add this filter function to caches that are already
created and contain data, or do they have to be destroyed and recreated?

Thanks!

stephendarlington stephendarlington

Re: Possible to change cache config without destroying and recreating cache?

Most cache configuration options are immutable, so drop and recreate the cache is the way to go.

Regards,
Stephen